Dr Rosy Ahuja | Obstetrician Canberra
Dr Rosy Ahuja can manage antenatal care during a pregnancy as well as natural birth along with performing operative deliveries for various reasons including caesarean sections and instrumental deliveries (vacuum extractions, forceps deliveries) and provides postnatal care.
Dr Rosy Ahuja works closely with a network of colleagues (midwives, anesthetists, pediatricians etc) who are also involved in the process.
Ultrasounds can be performed on site in the practice rooms.
Some of the common obstetric problems dealt with include:
Medical conditions in pregnancy
- Hypertension, pre-eclampsia
- Endocrine conditions e.g thyroid, diabetes
- Heart conditions
- Neurological conditions e.g epilepsy
- Blood clotting disorders
- Autoimmune conditions
- Infectious diseases in pregnancy
- And more ....
- For women with medical conditions prior to falling pregnant
- Investigations e.g blood tests, ultrasounds
- Counseling for high risk conditions
- Screening tests for Down's syndrome and other chromosomal abnormalities
- Screening for gestational diabetes
- Routine visits for pregnancy check-ups
- Detection of complications e.g fetal growth restriction, pre-eclampsia
- Early pregnancy complications including miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy
- Management of multiple pregnancies
- Induction of labour
- Management of natural birth and complications during labour
- Vaginal Birth after Caesarean Section
- Postnatal management
- Caesarean section
- Instrumental delivery